The Alabama First Class Pre-K is a grant funded program operated by the Office of School Readiness. This program is designed to provide a full day of developmentally appropriate instruction and support for four-year-old children. The Pre-K curriculum and instruction is aligned with the Alabama Developmental Standards for Preschool Children. These standards address 9 areas of development, which include:
- Language and Literacy
- Science and Environmental Education
- Fine Arts
- Physical Development
- Social-Emotional Development
- Approaches to Learning
The goal of the First Class Pre-K program is to ensure students have access to high quality learning experiences that prepare them for future success in school.
Reminders and Supply List:
- A child must be 4 years old prior to September 1, 2023.
- Students must be potty trained.
- Enrollment is random selection.
- Class size is a maximum of 18 students.
- Breakfast and lunch are provided free each day.
- Transportation is not provided for Pre-K by the District.
- Parents must complete 12 volunteer hours during the school year.
- A change of clothes (weather appropriate) is required daily.
- Small blankets are optional for rest/naptime.
- No supplies are required for First Class Pre-K; however, you are welcome to make donations to the teacher's wishlist items below:
- Baby Wipes
- Disinfectant Wipes
- Disinfectant Spray
- Variety sized bandaids
- Paper towels
- Hand sanitizer
- Bottled hand soap
- Ziploc bags (quart or gallon)
If your child needs additional services, please contact the Special Education Director, Dr. Relf, at email@example.com or 334-408-4928.
The Pre-K classes are located at the following Russell County School District schools:
Dixie Elementary 334-468-5353 / 4914 Hwy 80 West, Opelika, AL 36804
Ladonia Elementary 334-468-5805 / 9 Woodland Drive, Phenix City, AL 36869
Mt. Olive Primary 334-468-5100 / 454 Hwy 165, Ft. Mitchell, AL 36856
Oliver Elementary 334-468-5400 / 77 Longview Street, Seale, AL 36875